Welcome to the Data Analysis with Microsoft Excel course! This comprehensive program is designed to provide you with a deep understanding of Excel's data analysis capabilities. Through a series of modules, you will explore Excel's features and functions, learn how to manipulate and analyze data effectively, and gain the skills needed to become a proficient data analyst.
- Develop a strong foundation in Excel's data analysis capabilities.
- Master essential Excel functions, formulas, and charting techniques.
- Gain proficiency in data manipulation, summarization, and visualization using PivotTables.
- Learn advanced data analysis techniques with Power Query and Power Pivot.
- Apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios and become a proficient data analyst using Microsoft Excel.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the fundamental properties of Excel and its role in data analysis.
- Perform basic arithmetic operations and effectively enter data and formulas in Excel.
- Utilize various Excel functions for counting, adding, and performing calculations on data.
- Create dynamic charts and effectively format them for data visualization.
- Build summary reports using functions like count, sum, average, min, and max.
- Utilize advanced tools like PivotTables and Pivot Charts for in-depth data analysis and reporting.
- Clean, transform, and manipulate data using Power Query.
- Master Power Pivot for advanced data modeling and analysis.
- Apply your skills to real-world data analysis scenarios and gain practical experience.
Module 1: Introduction to Excel
- Understand the properties of Excel and become familiar with basic arithmetic operations.
- Learn how to enter data and formulas, use relative and absolute referencing, and format numbers.
- Explore page setup options, worksheet management, and time-saving shortcuts.
Module 2: Excel's Golden Rule for Formulas, Formula Input & Chart
- Discover the power of Excel's formulas and their application in data analysis.
- Learn how to create and format different chart types to visualize data effectively.
Module 3: Counting & Adding Operation in Excel
- Master essential functions for counting and adding data in Excel.
- Explore functions like Count, Count A, CountIf, Sum, Sumif, Sumifs, Average, AverageIf, and AverageIfs for comprehensive data analysis.
Module 4: Excel Calculation for Data Analysis
- Learn how to create summary reports using functions like count, sum, average, min, and max.
- Understand the importance of proper data sets and utilize functions like SumIfs, PivotTables, and Pivot Charts for regional report analysis.
- Gain expertise in formatting Pivot Tables and explore the difference between raw data and valuable information in data analysis.
Module 5: Data Analysis with Excel
- Perform logical test operations and understand the difference between ranges and tables in Excel.
- Master sorting, filtering, and alignment techniques for efficient data analysis.
- Discover default data alignment and learn best practices for data organization.
Module 6: Data Analysis Operations
- Build cross-tabulated reports using PivotTables and create dynamic dashboards.
- Summarize values in a PivotTable using different aggregate functions.
- Utilize slicers to filter PivotTables and present data as percentages.
- Explore various functions available in PivotTables and understand the difference between facts and dimensional tables.
- Perform VLookUp operations for data retrieval and analysis.
Module 7: Data Analysis with Power Query
- Discover the capabilities of Power Query for data analysis.
- Import different data types into Power Query and learn how to clean and transform data effectively.
- Load data into Excel worksheets and utilize Power Query for advanced data manipulation.
- Perform operations such as pivoting, un-pivoting, arithmetic calculations, merging and appending queries, and changing data types.
- Gain proficiency in VLOOKUP operations within Power Query.
Module 8: Data Analysis with Power Pivot & Data Modeling
- Create Power Pivot tables to manage and analyze large datasets.
- Establish diagram relationships between tables to facilitate data modeling.
- Perform advanced calculations and operations within Power Pivot.